The TSNI started in 1999 and is based on the National Travel Survey run by the Department for Transport. Three years of data need to be combined to ensure the analysis carried out is robust.
Analysis, Statistics and Research Branch (ASRB) have carried out various user engagement activities. The latest was a user consultation exercise in relation to the content and format of the 'Travel Survey for Northern Ireland’ (TSNI) headline and in-depth reports. The consultation period ran from 7 May 2019 to 2 July 2019.
- The outcome report of this user consultation has been published.
- A statement of user needs has been produced following various TSNI user consultation activities.
Three TSNI reports are produced annually. Technical reports (survey methodology and questionnaire) and in-depth reports (detailed results) are available from 1999-2001. Headline reports (key results) have been published since 2007-2009. Short TSNI factsheets with infographics highlighting specific topics have been produced since 2014-2016.
- The latest headline report is available for 2016-2018.
- The latest full set of publications available are 2015-2017 and 2014-2016.
- Previous publications (1999-2001 to 2013-2015) are also available.
- There are additional data on active travel and public transport trends.
- A background quality report on the Travel Survey for Northern Ireland reports has been produced.
- 2014-2016 in-depth report
- 2014-2016 urban-rural report
- 2014-2016 headline report
- 2014-2016 technical report
2014-2016 factsheets and animation
- 2014-2016 walking factsheet
- 2014-2016 cycling factsheet
- 2014-2016 public transport factsheet
- 2014-2016 walking, cycling and public transport animation
All previous publications (1999-2001 to 2013-2015) are available to view.
For general enquiries, data requests and feedback, contact Analysis, Statistics and Research Branch