The TSNI started in 1999 and is based on the National Travel Survey run by the Department for Transport. Three years of data need to be combined to ensure the analysis carried out is robust.
Three TSNI reports are produced annually. Technical reports (survey methodology and questionnaire) and in-depth reports (detailed results) are available from 1999-2001. Headline reports (key results) have been published since 2007-2009. Short TSNI factsheets with infographics highlighting specific topics have been produced since 2014-2016.
- The latest publications for 2015-2017 and 2014-2016 are available on this page.
- Previous publications (1999-2001 to 2013-2015) can be accessed here.
- Additional data are available on active travel and public transport trends.
- A Background Quality Report on the Travel Survey for Northern Ireland reports can be accessed here.
- 2014-2016 in-depth report
- 2014-2016 urban-rural report
- 2014-2016 headline report
- 2014-2016 technical report
Previous publications for 1999-2001 to 2013-2015 can be accessed here.
For general enquiries, data requests and feedback, contact Analysis, Statistics and Research Branch