- The latest reports published for 2021 are the headline report and the technical report.
- The latest full set of publications available are for 2020, 2017-2019 and 2016-2018.
- Previous publications are also available from 1999-2001 to 2015-2017.
- Short TSNI factsheets with infographics highlighting specific topics have been produced from 2014-2016 to 2016-2018.
- A background quality report on the Travel Survey for Northern Ireland reports has been produced.
UPDATE: A significant amount of extra work has been required to investigate the 2020 and 2021 data. This, combined with the delay in receiving TSNI datasets during the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent delay to the publication of earlier reports, continues to have a knock-on effect on the usual publication timetable. The 2021 Headline Report was published in March 2023. The 2021 In-depth Report is planned for publication in Autumn 2023. Further updates will be announced here.
The TSNI started in 1999 and is based on the National Travel Survey run by the Department for Transport. Three years of data are normally combined to ensure the analysis carried out is robust. This ensures a wide range range of analysis can be carried out. Where it is established that there is a large enough achieved sample, it is possible to report limited information for single years.
Three TSNI reports are produced annually. Technical reports (survey methodology and questionnaire) and in-depth reports (detailed results) are available from 1999-2001. Headline reports (key results) have been published since 2007-2009.
Analysis, Statistics and Research Branch (ASRB) have carried out various user engagement activities, including a user consultation exercise in relation to the content and format of the TSNI reports. An outcome report of this user consultation and a statement of user needs have been published.
For general enquiries, data requests and feedback, contact Analysis, Statistics and Research Branch