- £5m to £7m
The extension to Millennium Way scheme in Lurgan included 430 metres of new road from Malcolm Road to Gilford Road in Lurgan. The scheme included:
- upgrading of the junction between Millennium Way and Malcolm Road to a signalised crossroads
- enlarging the existing roundabout at the junction of the Banbridge Road and Gilford Road and
- providing new footways and cyclepath.
The new road now provides an alternative route for traffic which has resulted in reduced congestion on some of the heavily trafficked links and surrounding junctions within Lurgan town centre and reduced traffic flows in the local residential areas.
- planning approval received March 2014
- Notice of Intention to make a Vesting Order published November 2014
- Vesting Order published March 2015
- construction start date 23 May 2016
- Road Open 12 May 2017
Updated: 1 March 2018