A new shared footpath link and toucan crossing from Broadway Roundabout to the entrance to Bog Meadows commenced on Monday 13 May 2019.
This scheme will provide a safe connecting link between the Roundabout and Bog Meadows while opening up the surrounding area for walking and cycling.
During the course of the work it will be necessary to put in place temporary lane and road closures, however, the public will be given advance notice and diversions will be clearly signposted.
It is anticipated that the work will be completed by July 2019, however this is subject to favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department for Infrastructure has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements to minimise the impact on the travelling public, road users should expect some delay and allow additional time when planning their journey.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020