A new shared footpath link and toucan crossing from Broadway Roundabout to the entrance to Bog Meadows commenced on Monday 13 May 2019.
This scheme will provide a safe connecting link between the Roundabout and Bog Meadows while opening up the surrounding area for walking and cycling.
During the course of the work it will be necessary to put in place temporary lane and road closures, however ,the public will be given advance notice and diversions will be clearly signposted.
It is anticipated that the work will be completed by July 2019, however this is subject to favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department for Infrastructure has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements to minimise the impact on the travelling public, road users should expect some delay and allow additional time when planning their journey.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/home
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £360,000 resurfacing scheme for the Lisnaskea Road, Lisnaskea 12 November 2019
- £120,000 resurfacing scheme on Cottage Road, Killeen 07 November 2019
- Weekend closure of A6 Glenshane Road at Drumahoe for essential works 05 November 2019
- £130,000 resurfacing scheme on Banbridge Road, Kinallen 01 November 2019