Work has commenced on a new £120,000 cycle lane on the Sligo Road, Enniskillen.
The new cycle lane will connect the large residential areas of Coleshill and Windmill Heights with the existing cycle track on Henry Street, providing a 700 metre link from Sligo Road towards Enniskillen town centre.
The majority of the work will take place off road, keeping traffic disruption to a minimum, however lane closures will be required in the latter part of the works as the final surfacing is laid. During the works, for safety reasons all pedestrians will be diverted away from the works area onto the footway on the opposite side of the road.
Work is expected to be completed within eight weeks.
Notes to editors:
1.Work commenced on Monday 8 January and is being completed by Patrick Keenan Ltd
2.All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
3. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/
4. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £350,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisnaskea 19 April 2018
- County Tyrone goods vehicle driver fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- County Antrim goods vehicle operator fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- £70,000 road surface repair schemes for Barrack Hill and Shambles Roundabout, Armagh 16 April 2018