Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has welcomed the completion of a further two sections of the Dungiven to Foreglen shared cycle and pedestrian path.
The £261,000 scheme widened approximately 0.5 kilometres of the existing footway opposite Owenbeg GAA facility and converted almost 1 kilometre of existing hard shoulder on the A6 Foreglen Road between Dernaflaw Rd and Derrychrier Rd to create the shared path.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am committed to improving infrastructure throughout the north to encourage more cycling, walking and active travel. I am delighted to hear that these new sections of shared path are already being well used by both cyclists and pedestrians and will contribute towards a better future that delivers more for our citizens, socially and economically, delivering cleaner, greener and healthier communities.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cable Road, Whitehead 14 August 2020
- Resurfacing Scheme for Ballybuttle Road, Millisle 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Dungannon Road, Cookstown 13 August 2020
- Mallon announces Regulatory Recovery Support for Buses and Taxis 13 August 2020