A £190,000 resurfacing scheme on the A1 Queensway, Lisburn is due to commence on 27 July 2020.
The scheme, which stretches from Grand Street to the filling station, also includes minor drainage improvements and aims to deliver improved road quality for both motorists and cyclists.
To facilitate the resurfacing a weekday closure of the bus lane (Monday to Friday) will be in operation between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm, from Monday 27 July until Friday 2 October 2020. Two way traffic will be maintained at all times during this phase of the works.
Night time road closures will be required during September to carry out the resurfacing. The Department will provide prior notification of the closures once the dates are confirmed.
During times of closure a diversionary route will be clearly signed and will operate along McKinstry Road, Boomers Road, Prince William Road, Theipval Road, Laganbank Road, Queens Road and Seymour Street.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
It is expected work will be substantially completed by early October, subject to favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatcni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for A47 Killadeas Road at Ballycassidy 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Mowhan Road, Markethill 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020