A £85,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Aghalee Road, Aghagallon will commence on Tuesday 30 April 2019.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 750 metres from the 30mph speed limits at Aghagallon village to Rock Lane and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm from Tuesday 30 April to Tuesday 14 May 2019. During these times a two-way diversion will be in place via Brankinstown Road, Derrymore Road, Cranagh Road, Derryhirk Road, Whitehall Road and Lurgan Road.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic on weekdays from 5.00 pm until 9.00 am each morning, and throughout the weekends.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works. Local access will be maintained throughout the duration of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The scheme is expected to be completed by 14 May 2019 however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Part-time 20mph speed limit introduced outside Model Primary School, Carrickfergus 23 August 2019
- £200,000 resurfacing scheme for the Glen Estate, Newtownards 23 August 2019
- £300,000 resurfacing scheme on Ballinacraig Way, Newry 22 August 2019
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019