A £480,000 road improvement scheme will commence on the A4 Belfast Road, Enniskillen on Tuesday 19 March.
The resurfacing scheme, which will include provision of a dedicated right turning lane into Bellview Road, extends for over one kilometre and will improve the surface quality of the carriageway and enhance road safety. All work is expected to be completed by 31 May.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to operate a daily lane closure under traffic control for the duration of the works. The lane closure will operate, Monday to Saturday, between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm. There will be also be an enforceable 40mph speed limit with no overtaking. Access to Bellview Road will be maintained throughout the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 31 May is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020
- Ministers announce free public transport for those fleeing domestic abuse 06 July 2020
- Mallon will take forward legislation to exempt vehicles of historic interest from MOT testing 02 July 2020
- Mallon announces face coverings to be mandatory on public transport from July 10 02 July 2020