A £480,000 road improvement scheme will commence on the A4 Belfast Road, Enniskillen on Tuesday 19 March.
The resurfacing scheme, which will include provision of a dedicated right turning lane into Bellview Road, extends for over one kilometre and will improve the surface quality of the carriageway and enhance road safety. All work is expected to be completed by 31 May.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to operate a daily lane closure under traffic control for the duration of the works. The lane closure will operate, Monday to Saturday, between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm. There will be also be an enforceable 40mph speed limit with no overtaking. Access to Bellview Road will be maintained throughout the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 31 May is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Part-time 20mph speed limit introduced outside Model Primary School, Carrickfergus 23 August 2019
- £200,000 resurfacing scheme for the Glen Estate, Newtownards 23 August 2019
- £300,000 resurfacing scheme on Ballinacraig Way, Newry 22 August 2019
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019