A £400,000 road improvement scheme will commence on Barnetts Road on Monday 21 May.
The work will include the widening of approximately 80m of Barnetts Road between Kings Road and Thornhill Parade, the provision of a new footway and stabilisation of the Comber Greenway embankment with a masonry retaining wall.
Construction work will continue for approximately 12 weeks and to facilitate the work and ensure the safety of the public and road workers, it will be necessary to close Barnetts Road to through traffic between Kings Road and Thornhill Parade for the duration of the scheme. A diversionary route will be clearly signed and local access to all properties will be maintained. Access to the Comber Greenway will not be affected.
While all efforts will be made to minimise disruption, road users can expect some localised delays and are advised to allow additional time when planning their journeys.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £135,000 road improvement scheme on Shrigley Road, Killyleagh complete 25 May 2018
- £343,000 road improvement scheme on A2 Strangford Road, Ardglass 25 May 2018
- Drainage infrastructure scheme to commence in Cultra 25 May 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Annual 2017-2018 24 May 2018