A £280,000 road and footway resurfacing scheme has commenced in Tynan village, Co Armagh.
The work includes partial resurfacing of Main Street, Kennedies Road, Abbey Road and Dartan Ree along with the adjacent footways, and on completion will deliver significant benefits to road users and pedestrians.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate road closures between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday, at various locations on the affected roads from Monday 18 March until Wednesday 10 April. Roads will be open to traffic in the evenings and weekends.
During closures traffic will be diverted using Chapel Hill, Dartan Ree, Abbey Road, Coolkill Road, Killylea Road and Kennedies Road. Traffic signs warning of the extent of closures and the appropriate diversion will be erected. Local access for residents, services and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions or diversions and to drive, cycle or walk with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the scheme by 10 April is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any significant change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However road users should be aware that delays should be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020