A £220,000 road improvement scheme for the A28 Armagh – Newry Road at the B3 Tandragee Road junction (Markethill) will commence on Monday 12 March.
The scheme will involve the provision of a dedicated right turn lane into the Tandragee Road and widening of the Tandragee Road at the junction to facilitate left and right lanes for exiting onto the main A28 Armagh - Newry Road. The scheme will improve road safety and deliver significant benefits to the road network. The work is expected to take six to eight weeks to complete.
To facilitate the works a temporary 40mph speed limit will be in place. Traffic will not be able to exit the Tandragee Road junction during the construction period and a signed diversion will be in operation.
The diversion route for traffic accessing the A28 from Tandragee will be the B131 Drumnamether Road and B78 Mullurg Road.
Full road closures may be required towards the end of the project for final resurfacing works and the dates for these will be confirmed closer to the time.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme on Ashgrove Road, Portadown 03 December 2018