A £170,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Derrylee Road, Birches will commence on Monday 16 September 2019.
The resurfacing works on various stretches of the Derrylee Road will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 16 September 2019 to Friday 18 October 2019. During these times a two-way diversion will be in place via Derrylee Road, Maghery Road, Clonmakate Road, Birches Road, Derryhubbert Road, M1 flyover and Tamnamore Road.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic from 6.00 pm until 8.00 am daily and no closure will be in place over the weekends.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The scheme is expected to be completed by Friday 18 October 2019, however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- The first Northern Ireland Planning Monitoring Framework 2018/19 has been published today 19 September 2019
- £78,000 Footway Reconstruction and Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme for Broughshane Street, Ballymena 18 September 2019
- £237,000 resurfacing scheme for A8 Ballymena Road, Larne 13 September 2019
- First phase of £185million A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme officially opened 12 September 2019