A new tidal urban clearway arrangement on the Antrim Road will begin to operate from Monday 13 November.
The clearway will operate on the Antrim Road, from its junction with Cliftonville Road to the M2 over-bridge, just south of Glengormley. It will apply only on the Belfast bound lanes in the morning from 8.00 am to 9.30 am and on the country bound lanes in the evening from 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
The clearway on the section of Antrim Road, from Carlisle Circus to Cliftonville Road, will continue to operate in both directions during both the morning and evening periods in order to maintain good traffic progression levels.
The changes have been made following extensive consultation with the local community and business owners and will benefit local businesses by providing much needed parking and loading spaces, whilst not significantly impacting upon commuter journey times or road safety.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Road users advised difficult driving conditions likely tomorrow morning 17 January 2018
- Work will continue today to keep roads clear, more wintery weather expected 17 January 2018
- Work to commence on £350,000 Comber Greenway widening scheme 17 January 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Scotch Street, Portadown 16 January 2018