A new tidal urban clearway arrangement on the Antrim Road will begin to operate from Monday 13 November.
The clearway will operate on the Antrim Road, from its junction with Cliftonville Road to the M2 over-bridge, just south of Glengormley. It will apply only on the Belfast bound lanes in the morning from 8.00 am to 9.30 am and on the country bound lanes in the evening from 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
The clearway on the section of Antrim Road, from Carlisle Circus to Cliftonville Road, will continue to operate in both directions during both the morning and evening periods in order to maintain good traffic progression levels.
The changes have been made following extensive consultation with the local community and business owners and will benefit local businesses by providing much needed parking and loading spaces, whilst not significantly impacting upon commuter journey times or road safety.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £70,000 resurfacing scheme on Bachelors Walk, Portadown 17 October 2018
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018
- £255,000 resurfacing scheme on A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch 11 October 2018