Minister for Infrastructure, Nichola Mallon today attended a speech by An Taoiseach, Micheál Martin TD on Shared Island.
In his speech, An Taoiseach committed his shared island unit in the Irish Government to work in partnership with the Executive to deliver on a number of key all island infrastructure projects including Narrow Water Bridge, the A5, Ulster Canal and High Speed Rail.
Minister Mallon commented:
“I welcome the shared vision, shared determination and shared commitment of An Taoiseach and the Irish Government to delivering a new shared island, better connected and better served by all island infrastructure.
“In particular I have already have outlined my commitments to Narrow Water Bridge, the A5, Ulster Canal and High Speed Rail as key all island connections. These projects will be transformative for communities across Ireland, they will open up our island economy and our shared opportunities for growth and development.
“Infrastructure is central to our futures and all of our daily lives and I am delighted that the Irish Government is committed to working in partnership to secure delivery for our communities.
“As the island of Ireland now faces the unprecedented challenges of Covid and Brexit, never before, has the need for partnership working across our country to deliver these crucial projects, been needed.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon opens five million pound financial assistance scheme for Private Coach and Bus Operators 27 November 2020
- Attitudes to Electric Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2019/20 has been published today 26 November 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park, Portadown 25 November 2020
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2020-21 Quarter Two 25 November 2020