Minister Mallon visited Bexley Road, Bangor today where a £230,000 road improvement scheme is nearing completion.
The scheme stretches for 550 metres and includes resurfacing of the road and footway. In addition a 90 metre section of the carriageway has been widened to extend the existing cycle lane which will further improve road safety in the area.
Minister Mallon said:
“I was delighted to visit Bexley Road today to see how my Department is investing in the North Down area.
"I am committed to delivering for all communities across the north and this scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.
"The extension of the cycle lane and resurfacing of the footways will also increase opportunities for active travel and those who wish to walk, wheel or cycle.
"With several local schools and businesses in this popular and busy residential area it is important that we all have the right to travel safely whatever mode of travel we choose.
"I would like to thank local residents for their co-operation while these works were carried out.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022
- Road resurfacing schemes for Moneymore Dual Carriageway and East Circular Road, Cookstown 28 April 2022