Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard announced a £190,000 major resurfacing scheme on the B4 Termon Road, Carrickmore.
Preparatory work is due to begin on 28 November 2016 between Quarry Road and Creggan Road, with asphalt resurfacing of 1.2 kilometres commencing in early January 2017.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This investment will improve the structural condition and surface of this stretch of carriageway and reduce maintenance costs. This is welcome news for the people who use the road every day.”
To help minimise any inconvenience to the public and local businesses the majority of work is programmed using off-peak lane closures, keeping full road closures to a minimum.
The off-peak lane closures will commence on Monday 28 November 2016 and continue until Friday 16 December 2016. During these off-peak lane closures two-way traffic flow will be maintained.
A full closure of the B4 Termon Road will be in place in early January 2017 to allow final surfacing and all traffic will be diverted via the C626 Quarry Road. The exact dates of this closure will be advertised closer to the time.
The scheme is expected to be completed by 20 January 2017 subject to favourable weather conditions, TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – August 2023’ 15 September 2023