Infrastructure Minister, Chris Hazzard has announced the start of a £160,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Kingsway, Belfast
The works from Black's Road junction to the M1 bridge are due to start on Monday 14 November with completion expected before the end of November.
Infrastructure Minister, Chris Hazzard said:
"This investment of £160,000 will greatly improve the strength and surface quality on this busy stretch of road.
"Improving transport connections along roads while maintaining a network which is fit for purpose is a priority for the Executive. This scheme plays a part in achieving this priority."
The works on the road will be carried out overnight from 9.00 pm to 6.00 am the next morning, each night from Monday 14 November to Friday 18 November and Monday 21 November to Tuesday 22 November 2016. This work will be carried out using road closures and a diversion route will be signed. Access for residents within the works will be maintained during the scheme.
The dates of the road closures will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions, details will be advertised on the TrafficwatchNI website: www.trafficwatchni.com/home.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of the works.
Whilst TransportNI has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: TrafficWatchNI
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – August 2023’ 15 September 2023