Protecting the community from the risk and impact of flooding is at the heart of the Floods Directive Regulations. In November 2009, the European Floods Directive (2007/60/EC) was transposed into Northern Ireland law through The Water Environment (Floods Directive) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009.The Floods Directive Regulations Timeline is geared to a rolling cycle so its 3 key stages must be repeated every 6 years to ensure that flood risk is managed effectively and that it takes account of new information, developments and changes in risk.
- 2nd Cycle - Timeline and Preparatory Stages
- 2nd Cycle - Northern Ireland Flood Risk Assessment 2018
- 2nd Cycle - Flood Hazard and Flood Risk Maps
- Timetable and Works Programme for the preparation of the Northern Ireland Flood Risk Management Plan (FRMP) 2021-2027
- 2nd Cycle - Flood Risk Management Plan 2021-2027
- 2nd Cycle - Frequently Asked Questions