The £475,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A2 Millisle Road, Donaghadee which commenced on Monday 21 October 2019 is entering its next phase.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 1400 metres, and includes some stretches of footway, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
To facilitate the resurfacing work the A2 Millisle Road, Donaghadee will be closed from its junction with Killaughey Road to its junction with Ballyvester Road from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm daily, excluding weekends, from Monday 2 December 2019 to Friday 13 December 2019.
Diversions for through traffic will be signposted via Donaghadee Town, A48 Newtownards/Cotton Road, Upper Gransha Road, Ballyblack Road East, Moss Road and A2 Donaghadee Road and vice versa. Access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 13 December 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Statement from Paul Duffy, Chief Executive of the Driver and Vehicle Agency 27 January 2020
- Mallon outlines MOT test temporary exemptions while repairs are ongoing 26 January 2020
- Further Update: MOT car and light vehicle tests 24 January 2020
- Mallon announces £288,000 investment for Collin Road, Ballymena 24 January 2020