Essential maintenance works commenced on the M2 at Bellevue Bridge on Monday 12 April 2021 and there is a change to some of the dates of the overnight road and lane closures.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to have a number of overnight road and lane closures with all lanes open to traffic from 6.00 am to 11.00 pm Monday to Friday.
There will be full closures in both directions on the following dates:
- 11.00 pm on Thursday 27 May until 6.00 am on Friday 28 May;
- 11.00 pm on Friday 28 May until 6.00 am on Saturday 29 May;
- 11.00 pm on Monday 31 May until 6.00 am on Tuesday 1 June;
- 11.00 pm on Tuesday 1 June until 6.00 am on Wednesday 2 June;
- 11.00 pm on Wednesday 2 June until 6.00 am on Thursday 3 June;
The Northbound diversion route from M2 J2 – M2 J4 will include M5 Northbound, A2 Shore Road, Station Road, O'Neill Road, Prince Charles Way, B90 Ballyhenry Road, M2 Junction 4, Sandyknowes.
The Southbound diversion route from M2 J4 – M2 J2 will include M2 Southbound Junction 4 Off-slip, Sandyknowes roundabout, B90 Ballyhenry Road, Princes Charles Way, O'Neill Road, Station Road, A2 Shore Road, M5 Southbound, M2 Southbound.
Completion of the work by 27 August 2021 is subject to favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
The Department will keep the public informed of any further changes.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates and out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800 hours and 0800 hours Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021