A resurfacing scheme on a section of the Sydenham Bypass, Belfast, between Dee Street and George Best Belfast City Airport will re-commence on Friday 22 May 2020.
To complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to implement a weekend road closure on the countrybound lanes between 11.00 pm on Friday night and 4.30 am on Monday 25 May.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. We reiterate the advice that only essential travel should take place. Those road users, particularly those travelling to George Best Belfast City Airport for essential travel, are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure at email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on press 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon issues her opinion on a number of planning applications at the Adelphi Hotel, Portrush 30 September 2020
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020