A £146,000 carriageway resurfacing and footway refurbishment scheme will commence on Tuesday 15 June 2021.
The improvement work will extend approximately 500 metres from its junction with A29 Armagh Road to its junction with U8461 Glebe Road and will also include approximately 120 metres of Mullaghmore Park.
Minister Mallon said:
“This much needed investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 08.00 am and 18.00 pm from Tuesday 15 June until Friday 2 July 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via A29 Kinelowen Street, B132 St Patricks Street and U8461 Glebe Road. The road will be open to traffic during weekday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 2 July is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Minister Mallon takes a step back in time at Crumlin Road Gaol 17 June 2021
- Update on essential maintenance works on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 17 June 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Moyle Walk, Belfast 16 June 2021
- Mallon announces the planned return of full vehicle testing services 16 June 2021