A £92,000 resurfacing scheme on the U1131 Carmoney Road, Eglinton, is due to commence on 2 November 2020.
The works which commence near the Woodvale Road junction will extend for 420 metres towards Dunboyne Park and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road and footways.
The kerbing, drainage and preparatory surfacing work will be carried out under temporary traffic control measures between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 2 November to Saturday 28 November 2020.
A full road closure shall be required at a later date to facilitate the final resurfacing works and details in relation to the diversion route will issue in due course.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to the public. The public is asked to avoid the area whenever possible and to allow extra time for their journey. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
In the interests of public safety and the safety of the contractors workforce the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon opens five million pound financial assistance scheme for Private Coach and Bus Operators 27 November 2020
- Attitudes to Electric Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2019/20 has been published today 26 November 2020
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2020-21 Quarter Two 25 November 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park, Portadown 25 November 2020