A £193,000 carriageway and pavement surfacing scheme on Steeple Road, Antrim will commence on Monday 8 February 2021.
The works will extend for a distance of approximately 0.62 kilometres on the road near Stiles Way, and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road. Importantly the footpath resurfacing will also enhance provision for pedestrians.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to operate a road closure starting at 7.00 am on Monday 8 February 2021 running daily until 6.00 pm on Friday 26 February 2021. During these times a signed diversion will be in place via Oriel Road to A26 Ballymena Road north bound, right onto B518 Stiles Way with the diversion ending at Steeple Road and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 26 February 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The DVA re-opens its practical driving test booking system for all customers with more capacity in the system 07 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Fenaghy Road, Cullybackey 06 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for South Belfast 06 May 2021
- Mallon welcomes new bicycle repair station on Lagan Towpath at Lisburn 04 May 2021