A £277,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Tullynawood Road, Keady will commence on Wednesday 28 October 2020.
The improvement work will extend 6.5 kilometres along the full length of Tullynawood Road from its junction with Upper Darkley Road to its junction with U8423, south of Tullynawood Lake.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Wednesday 28 October until Friday 27 November 2020. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Upper Darkley Road, A29 Darkley Road, Clay Road, Cargaclogher Road and Carrowbane Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 27 November 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficwatchNI.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Attitudes to Electric Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2019/20 has been published today 26 November 2020
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2020-21 Quarter Two 25 November 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park, Portadown 25 November 2020
- Mallon welcomes enhanced facilities for pedestrians and cyclists on Knock Dual Carriageway 24 November 2020