A £180,000 resurfacing scheme on Piney Lane, Piney Walk and Piney Way, South Belfast is due to commence on Monday 10 May 2021.
All three streets will benefit from resurfacing of the carriageways and footways creating a much improved experience for all road users.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network in South Belfast to the benefit of local residents and visitors to the area. I would like to thank local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To helps ensure the safety of road works and the public the scheme will be completed under weekday road closures, between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm, from Monday 10 May until Friday 25 June.
During these times access for residents will be maintained.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however, road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Completion of the work by 25 June is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Minister Mallon takes a step back in time at Crumlin Road Gaol 17 June 2021
- Update on essential maintenance works on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 17 June 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Moyle Walk, Belfast 16 June 2021
- Mallon announces the planned return of full vehicle testing services 16 June 2021