A £290,000 road improvement scheme on the Pond Park Road East, Lisburn will commence on 28 September 2020.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches from Lady Wallace Avenue to Mullaghglass Road, will deliver significant benefits for road users.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures for the duration of the works as follows:
- Monday to Friday, from Monday 28 September until Friday 20 November, between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm.
- A full weekend road closure will operate from Saturday 17 October at 7.00 am until Sunday 18 October at 9.00 pm.
During closures a diversionary route will operate via Derriaghy Rd, Boomers Road, Wilmer Road, McKinstry Road, Stewartstown Road, Pantridge Road, Brians Well Road, Colinwell Road, Colinglen Road, Mullaghglass Road and vice versa.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by Friday 20 November, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in accordance with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Street lighting upgrade scheme on the Northway, Portadown 19 October 2020
- Glenrandal Bridge, Claudy reopens following £420,000 replacement scheme 19 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council area 2020 19 October 2020
- Minister Mallon condemns attacks on NI Water staff and property 16 October 2020