A £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Middlepath Street, Belfast is due to commence on Saturday 19 September 2020.
The scheme, which extends from Station Street to the M3 Middlepath off-slip, will be completed between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm over two consecutive weekends; Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September and again on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 September.
To ensure the work is carried out safely, Middlepath Street will be closed to traffic from Queen Elizabeth Bridge on each of these days, however, access will be maintained to Queens Quay and the harbour estate.
During the periods of closure a diversionary route will be clearly signed via Oxford Street, Albertbridge Road and Templemore Avenue. Access for motorists to the M3 from Bridge End will not be possible during the works and this traffic will be diverted via Queens Bridge, Ann Street, Dunbar Link and York Street.
Middlepath Street will remain open for pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements to minimise disruption to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Completion of the work by 27 September is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in accordance with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.TrafficwatchNI.com
Notes to editors:
All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020