A £112,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme for Market Square, Church Street and Bridge Street, Dromore is due to commence on Monday 28 June 2021.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of 800 metres and includes all of Market Square to link into the previous Public Realm works undertaken a number of years ago. Church Street will also be resurfaced from Market Street to the roundabout and Bridge Street will be resurfaced from the Elim Church to Meeting Street.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment for Dromore town will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and visitors. I would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate overnight road closures from Monday 28 June 2021 until Friday 9 July 2021 between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am. During these times a diversion will be in place for south bound traffic via: B2 Princes Street/Hillsborough Road, A1 Banbridge Road Southbound and Banbridge Road.
For north bound traffic a diversion will be via: B2 Church Road/Lurgan Road, Lurgan Road A1 on slip, A1 Banbridge Road (Northbound), Hillsborough A1 Off slip and B2 Hillsborough Rd/Princes Street. The road will be open to traffic at weekends and access for emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 9 July 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Ministers visit Narrow Water to provide update on iconic Narrow Water Bridge 15 October 2021
- Department for Infrastructure withdraws Planning Advice Notice on Development in the Countryside 15 October 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Cherryvalley, Belfast 14 October 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Ballymacarrett Road, Belfast 14 October 2021