A £120,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A3 Lake Road is due to commence on Saturday 21 November 2020.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 525 metres along the A3 between Roundabout 4 and Roundabout 5, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a road closure from 7.00 am on Saturday 21 November 2020 to 6.00 pm on Sunday 22 November 2020, and between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 23 November to Friday 27 November 2020. During these times a diversion will be in place for vehicles wishing to travel towards Lurgan with traffic being diverted via Knockmenagh Road, Brownlow Road and Drumgor Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings and access for emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 27 November 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021