A £184,000 resurfacing scheme on a section of Knock Road, Belfast is due to commence on Thursday 4 March 2021.
The resurfacing works are being carried out on the section of carriageway between Knockvale Park and Cherryvalley.
To facilitate the work the scheme will be completed under overnight road closures, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am, from Thursday 4 March until Friday 12 March. During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed for traffic via Castlereagh Road, Grand Parade, North Road and Upper Newtownards Road. Access for residents will be maintained.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
The Department would like to thank residents in advance for their patience as we complete these essential maintenance works as efficiently as possible.
Completion of the work by 12 March is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021
- Mallon - Bus Drivers Deserve To Be Safe Doing Their Jobs 08 April 2021