A £125,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Huntly Road, Banbridge is due to commence on Monday 5 October 2020.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 500 metres from the junction with Lurgan Road, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and footways as well as upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 5 October until Friday 6 November 2020.
During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via A26 Lurgan Road – A26 Church Square – U4147 Downshire Road and U4147 Huntly Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed.
Completion of the work by 6 November 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficwatchNI
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department @deptinfra on Twitter and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon refuses planning permission for Doraville Wind Farm 26 October 2020
- £148,000 road improvement scheme at Glenburn Road, Dunmurry 23 October 2020
- Mallon welcomes An Taoiseach partnership approach to delivering on an all-island infrastructure 22 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Mid Ulster District Council 2020 22 October 2020