Hawthornden Way, Belfast will benefit from a £202,000 resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 13 September 2021.
The scheme, which extends northbound from Upper Newtownards Road to Belmont Road roundabout will be completed under overnight road closures, between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am, from Monday 13 September until Saturday 18 September. During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed via Upper Newtownards Road, Newtownards Road, Bridge End, Dalton Street, Middlepath Street, Sydenham By-Pass, Belfast Road, Holywood Road and Parkway.
Access for residents will be maintained while pedestrians and cyclists will continue to have access to the existing segregated cycleway and footway.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this key transport link and complements the resurfacing work to the southbound carriageway and the recently completed LED lighting scheme. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey.
Completion of the work by 18 September is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022