A £203,000 resurfacing scheme for Fenaghy Road, Cullybackey will commence on Monday 10 May 2021.
The scheme extends from Main Street Cullybackey for approximately 1.4 km to Galgorm Spa and Resort and is expected to be completed by Friday 4 June 2021.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network. This will benefit all who use it including businesses and residents in the area. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure on Fenaghy Road, Monday to Friday from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm for the duration of the works and also on Sunday 23 May. During these times a diversion will be in operation via Sand Road/Woodtown Road/Ballymena Road and vice versa.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficwatchnI
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Minister Mallon takes a step back in time at Crumlin Road Gaol 17 June 2021
- Update on essential maintenance works on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 17 June 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Moyle Walk, Belfast 16 June 2021
- Mallon announces the planned return of full vehicle testing services 16 June 2021