A £387,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Edentrillick Road, Hillsborough will commence on Tuesday 20 September 2022.
The resurfacing scheme extends between Dromore Road and Edentrillick Hill Road and will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Tuesday 20 September 2022 until Friday 9 December 2022 between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm.
During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using the B2 Ballynahinch Road - Magheraconluce Road - Dromara Road - Dromore Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 9 December 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023