A £277,000 carriageway resurfacing and footway upgrade scheme on B16 Garryduff Road / Bellaghy Road, Dunloy will commence on Monday 02 August 2021.
The works will extend for a distance of approximately 0.8 kilometres through Dunloy village.
Minister Mallon welcomed the scheme saying:
“This investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of road to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 02 August until Friday 06 August 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place via Killagan Road-A26 Frosses Road-Kilraughts Road-Garryduff Road and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 06 August 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022