A £400,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme for a section of the Dublin Road, Castlewellan is due to commence on Monday 18 Jan 2021.
The section of resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 830 metres from Market Road junction to O’Rourke’s yard. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway, upgrading of road drainage and replacing a road culvert.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to initially operate a daily lane closure and 40mph speed limit from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Full road closures will be required during a later stage of the works to facilitate the culvert replacement and final resurfacing. Details about these closures and diversions will be announced once dates are confirmed. Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to adhere to the new speed limits which will be clearly signed on the approaches to any lane closures.
Work is expected to last for approximately ten weeks. Completion of the work by 30 March 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- LED street lighting upgrade for Newcastle Main Street 15 January 2021
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2020 15 January 2021
- 14 January 2021
- LED Street Lighting Upgrade Scheme, St Canice’s Park, Eglinton 14 January 2021