A £300,000 project to reconstruct, realign and resurface sections of A509 Derrylin Road at Derryhowlaght is due to commence on Monday 22 February 2021.
The proposed works will widen the carriageway, provide new drainage and resurface approximately 200 metres on the northern end of the scheme and 120 metres on the southern end.
In order to complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to introduce some lane closures and operate traffic control measures for the duration of the works.
A full road closure will be required for approximately eight days for the provision of the final carriageway surfacing and road markings. Southbound traffic will be diverted from Enniskillen via A4 Sligo Road, A32 Swanlinbar Road and B108 Mooher Road to Derrylin Road and northbound traffic via B127 Newbridge Road, A34 Lisnagole Road and A4 Belfast Road to Enniskillen
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure. Access for property owners and deliveries will be accommodated.
Completion of these works will take approximately 12 weeks subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Drainage Council Northern Ireland 18 June 2021
- Minister Mallon takes a step back in time at Crumlin Road Gaol 17 June 2021
- Update on essential maintenance works on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 17 June 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Moyle Walk, Belfast 16 June 2021