A £175,000 resurfacing scheme for Moyarget Road, Ballycastle will commence on Monday 21 September 2020.
The scheme which extends from Hillside Road to Leyland Road, is expected to be completed by Saturday 3 October 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure on Coleraine Road, Monday to Friday, between 7.30 am and 6.00 pm. This will be in operation from Monday 21 September 2020 until Saturday 3 October. During the full road closures, a diversionary route will operate via Whitepark Road, Straid Road, Ramoan Road, Market Street, Magheramore Road and Moyarget Road.
Lane closures may also be in operation at other times using temporary traffic control measures.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 3 October 2020, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon launches Planning Engagement Partnership – to improve community engagement in the planning process 20 October 2020
- Street lighting upgrade scheme on the Northway, Portadown 19 October 2020
- Glenrandal Bridge, Claudy reopens following £420,000 replacement scheme 19 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council area 2020 19 October 2020