A £270,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Cherry Road, Belfast commenced on Monday 23 January 2023.
The improvement works will extend for a distance of 550 metres from Upper Dunmurry Lane to Cherry Gardens and will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To help ensure the safety of road users it will be necessary to implement localised lane closures while the footway works are ongoing in January 2023 and a full road closure when the carriageway works are ongoing. The majority of the works will be completed Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, however, the final carriageway works are expected to take place at weekends when the local school is closed and network traffic is much reduced. Details will be displayed in advance of any road closures.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all works should be complete by 24 March 2023, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £550,000 road improvement scheme for A22 Belfast / Comber Road, Comber 22 March 2023
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023