A £180,000 resurfacing scheme on the B160 Ballyronan Road, Ballyronan is due to commence on Monday 31 October 2022.
The resurfacing scheme will extend a distance of approximately 1kilometre from Rockbrook Road to Oaklea Road.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to close the B160 Ballyronan Road to through traffic from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm on a daily basis between the B181 Ballymulligan Road and B18 Shore Road from Monday 31 October to Friday 11 November 2022.
During the period of the road closure a diversionary route will be signed via B181 Ballymulligan Road and Ballyneill Road and vice versa.
Access for local residents, businesses and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Completion of the work by Friday 11 November is subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any changes. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd welcomes confirmation of Irish government funding for the A5 20 February 2024
- O’Dowd – A4 Enniskillen Bypass to progress following funding confirmation 20 February 2024
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – January 2024' 16 February 2024
- O’Dowd announces £460,000 road improvement scheme for A2 Groomsport Road Roundabout, Bangor 16 February 2024