A £507,000 resurfacing scheme on the B2 Dromore Road will commence on Monday 17 May 2021.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches from Bawnhill Road in a westerly direction for 5037 metres towards Dromore will deliver significant benefits for road users and should be fully completed by 9 July 2021.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Monday 17 May until Friday 9 July between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. During these times a diversionary route will be in place using Burren Road - Ballynahinch Road – Hillsborough Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 9 July, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister Mallon takes a step back in time at Crumlin Road Gaol 17 June 2021
- Update on essential maintenance works on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 17 June 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Moyle Walk, Belfast 16 June 2021
- Mallon announces the planned return of full vehicle testing services 16 June 2021