A £362,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Killough Road Downpatrick will commence on Monday 5th December 2022.
The resurfacing scheme will involve the asphalt resurfacing of a 1.0 kilometre stretch of the Killough Road, from its junction with Grange Road to its junction with Milltown Road.
This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents, businesses and those who travelling between Downpatrick and Killough and is expected to completed by Friday 27th Jan 2023.
To facilitate the safe delivery of the scheme it will be necessary to implement a road closure from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, from on Monday 5th December 2022 through to Thursday 22nd December 2022 and Tuesday 3rd January 2023 to Friday 27th January 2023. The road will be open to traffic overnight and at the weekends.
During these times a signed diversionary route via Killough Road, Ardglass Road, Downpatrick Road, Quay Street, High Street, Killough Road, Downpatrick Road and Killough Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times. however some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 27th January 2023, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Balmoral Avenue, Belfast 26 September 2023
- Road improvement scheme Ballymena Road, Ballymoney 26 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023