A £288,000 scheme to resurface the A5 Victoria Road at Bready, Co. Tyrone will start on Thursday 2 July 2020.
The scheme will start at a point 100 metres south of the junction with Dunnalong Road and proceed southwards along the Victoria Road for a distance of one kilometre.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement a daily lane closure from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm from Thursday 2 to Friday 10 July 2020. Subsequently in order to enable the surfacing courses to be laid the road will be closed on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 August from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm and again on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 August 2020 for the same time periods.
The following diversionary routes will be in operation. Countrybound (Southbound) traffic will be diverted via the B48 Duncastle Road, B49 Berryhill Road and B49 Woodend Road. Citybound (Northbound) traffic will be diverted via the A38 Lifford Road at Strabane, N14 Letterkenny Road, R265 Clonleigh Road, R236 St. Johnston’s/Carrigans Road, A40 Mullenan Road, A40 Letterkenny Road and A40 Foyle Road.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cable Road, Whitehead 14 August 2020
- Resurfacing Scheme for Ballybuttle Road, Millisle 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Dungannon Road, Cookstown 13 August 2020
- Mallon announces Regulatory Recovery Support for Buses and Taxis 13 August 2020