A £425,000 resurfacing scheme on a section of the A29 Moneymore Road dual carriageway has commenced and is scheduled to be completed by 15 August.
The resurfacing work will extend from the start of the dual carriageway at Moneymore Road (Cookstown bound) to the Muff Road junction.
To help minimise any inconvenience to the travelling public, it will be necessary to operate a contraflow traffic management system for the duration of the scheme. Vehicles will therefore be prohibited from making a right turn from a number of side roads.
The Ballyforlea Road, Coltrim Road, Muff Road and the Dunnabraggy Road junctions will also be closed at their junctions with the dual carriageway for the duration of the works. Local diversion routes for traffic travelling to Cookstown and Moneymore will be clearly signposted.
A mandatory 40mph speed limit will also be in place along this stretch of the Moneymore Road during the works and overtaking will be prohibited.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the diversion routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020