A £145,000 trunk road resurfacing scheme on a section of the A29 Desertmartin Road, Tobermore, from Main Street towards Desertmartin, will commence on Saturday 8 August 2020. The scheme, which is approximately 500 metres in length is scheduled for completion by Monday 17 August 2020.
This scheme will also incorporate the resurfacing of the two mini roundabouts on the B41 Main Street, Tobermore.
Preparatory works at the mini roundabouts will commence at 6.00 pm on Saturday 8 August 2020 and is scheduled for completion by 6.00 am on Monday 10 August.
Final works at the mini roundabouts will then take place from 6.00 pm on Saturday 15 August 2020 and is scheduled for completion by 6.00 am on Monday 17 August.
During the above dates and times it will be necessary to close the B41 Main Street and B42 Magherafelt Road between Lisnamuck Road and Clooney Road. The A29 between Desertmartin and Main Street, the A29 between Maghera and Main Street, and the B42 between Main Street and B40 Desertmartin Road, Magherafelt will also be closed to through traffic.
From 8.00 am on Monday 10 August 2020 the works will commence on the A29 Desertmartin Road and is scheduled for completion by 6.00 pm on Saturday 15 August 2020.
During these works it will be necessary to close the A29 between Desertmartin and Main Street, with local access maintained for residents and emergency services.
Advanced warning signage for all closures will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary in Moneymore, Magherafelt, Desertmartin, Draperstown, Maghera and Tobermore.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
Completion of the work by Monday 17 August 2020 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020