A £400,000 resurfacing scheme on the A2 Bangor Road will commence on Monday 2 August 2021.
The improvement work includes resurfacing approximately a one kilometre section of the Belfast bound carriageway of the A2 Bangor Road, between Holywood and the Tillysburn junction. Resurfacing of the Holywood Exchange slip road will also be carried out under the same road closure and temporary traffic arrangements.
To complete the scheme safely, overnight traffic management measures will be in place from Monday 2 August until Friday 13 August 2021 between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am. Lane restrictions will be in place between 7.00 pm and 10.00 pm with full closures on the city bound carriageway commencing at 10,00 pm. During periods of closure a diversion will operate with traffic leaving Holywood diverted along Jacksons Road, Old Holywood Road and Knocknagoney Road. The Bangor bound carriageway will remain open at all times.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works although some delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Substantial completion of the work by 13 August 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of work in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022