A £95,000 improvement scheme on the A20 Portaferry Road will commence on 6 September 2021.
The improvement work will provide a new verge and supporting side slope along the carriageway at Anne’s Point for a length of 200 metres.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will ensure the safety of those who use this key route on the Ards penninsula. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
To complete the scheme safely traffic management measures will be in place from 6 September 2021 for a period of two months. This will involve a section of the Portaferry Road being restricted to one lane with the traffic controlled by temporary traffic signals. Traffic Control will generally be in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Substantial completion of the work by early November 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of work in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon extends temporary changes to major planning application process 24 September 2021
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 23 September 2021
- Competition Launched for Non-Executive Board members 23 September 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Old Holywood Road, Belfast 22 September 2021