A £213,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme to include drainage improvements and 40 metres of new footway provision on the Mowhan Road, Glenanne will commence on Monday 22 February 2021.
The improvement work will extend approximately 600 metres from Springhill Road to 100 metres south of Upper Lisdrumchor Road, with side road tie ins on Spinghill Road, Upper Lisdrumchor Road and Glenanne Road.
Minister Mallon said:
“This much needed investment will greatly improve this stretch of road for all who use it. I am committed to increasing the opportunities for active travel and I am pleased that the new pavement being delivered by this scheme will greatly enhance provision for pedestrians.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 22 February until Friday 26 March 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via B134 Mowhan Road, C205 Tullyallen Road, B133 Bessbrook Road and C213 Tullyherron Road. The road will be open to traffic during weekday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 26 March 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Extension of a Non-Executive Member appointment to the Board of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority 05 March 2021
- Respect people who are delivering public services – Nichola Mallon 04 March 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021